Story of Mercedes-Benz in My Family

Mercedes-Benz has always been a brand close to my heart. My family has had many different generations of Mercedes since the early 1990s. My father's first Mercedes was a W126 280SE in which he bought second hand. He upgraded to the same model in 300SE engine form after a couple of years. Unfortunately, I did not get to enjoy the ride in the car as I wasn't born yet. In 1996, my father's business took off as the global economy was booming. With more excess money in the bank, he went to purchase a brand new Mercedes W140 S280 in silver metallic color from Cycle & Carriage. It was the first Mercedes I had ever sat in. The purchase price of the brand new S-Class was close to RM400k with insurance and road tax, which was equivalent to the price of a semi-D in a prime area back in the day. In 2002, my father traded in the W140 for a W211 E240 Elegance spec in metallic blue color. He pre-ordered the car with Cycle & Carriage in mid of 2002 and waited for close to a year. The price for the E240 was RM428k.

Later in 2008, my father purchased a pre-registered W204 C200 Kompressor from Cycle & Carriage. It came in Avantgarde spec with brown leather seats. As it was a demo car, we got it for about RM30k cheaper at around RM230k. Unfortunately, it was met with a major accident when my brother drove it on the NPE highway. The suspension of the car was badly damaged due to the incident. Since then, the car did not feel the same anymore. In 2011, we traded it in for a recond UK spec Mercedes-Benz W212 E250 Avantgarde which came in obsidian black metallic color. We only had it for 2 years before trading it in for an Audi A6 Hybrid (Oolong Grey Color).

When I came back from the United States in 2016, my father purchased a Mercedes A250 for me as a graduation gift. It was a pre-owned year 2014 car with the color of polar silver metallic in AMG spec. The mileage was around 11,000 km only. As of 17 June 2020, the car had a mileage of 51,000 km. It is undoubtedly one of the best performance cars I've driven.

Since starting my first job, I've bought over 5 used Mercedes.

1st Purchase: Mercedes-Benz S350 2003 Japan Spec *SOLD*

2nd Purchase: Mercedes-Benz S280 1997 (Cycle & Carriage Spec) *SOLD*

3rd Purchase: Mercedes-Benz 300E 1986 UK Spec *SOLD*

4th Purchase: Mercedes-Benz S280 2004 (Cycle & Carriage Spec)

5th Purchase: Mercedes-Benz S320L 1995 (Cycle & Carriage Spec)